Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In lieu of a final exam - part 1

The three websites that I chose to discuss are Jung Min's, Gregory's and Sarah's. I've posted the following comments on their blogs, but here they are for easy viewing:



Jung Min – I like the colors that you use on your website and how they coordinate with the images you have on the page. I liked the design of your bio page, with the four small photos of you in different dance performances. I also really like the way you used tables to organize your tech assignments. I enjoyed your project page, and I spent some time tonight looking at all the music and dance links you have about Korea. Finally, I like the blog post you made about how to evaluate what kind of website your class needs.

Greg – I love the way you used the Cotton Club logo, colors, and images to give your homepage a distinctive style. I also liked your movie assignment because it was a lot like mine in the sense that you focused on an artist, or artistic movement, that is inspirational for you. You have a really interesting link on your blog – “Art Education Reform: Technology as Savior” I couldn’t access it tonight because I don’t have a JSTOR account, but I will be looking for other copies of that article.

Sarah – I learned a lot about you from your website. I know you’re a singer with an album, but I didn’t know you were a Star Trek fan! I liked your images assignment because you used the Photoshop filters very deliberately and specifically. I checked out the “Open Education” link on your project page, and I’m still looking through all the information on that page. It’s a great resource, thanks for sharing with us. I also like the inspirational quotes on your blog, and the overall layout of the page.

4 comments:

  1. Hi~
    First of all, I love the color of your blog!
    Looks very pretty~!!
    And most of all, your image page was very very impressive to me. (Maybe because I have a pug too. ^^)
    I think your concrete music page is pretty unique because everyone else put the picture in the middle but you put them on left.
    And I love your project page. It has lots of useful and helpful sources!
    I wish you have a great summer with your pug~^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aurora, I love your literacy page and how organize and cohesive it is. "Grammar Dance" seems interesting to me. Did you watch the video? I didn't know kinesthetic demonstrates students grappling grammar and creative writing. Good article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aurora - I learned a lot from your page. Your page was uncluttered, cogent and easily navigated. Your choice of color and overall design aesthetic was spot on. The overall organization of your page inspired me to continue improving my page until I felt I had equaled your standards. Specifically, I enjoyed the photo of your pug on your image page, the different manipulations of that photo made via photoshop, and your animation. Your assignment task descriptions were precise and instructive. Moreover, I appreciated your comments on my page. Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aurora,I like your movie about Bob Posse. Even though I know Bob posse,through your movie I could more learn about Posse's jazz world. While watching your video I really enjoied my eyes and ears. This movie will great tool of resourse to teaching jazz for studetns.
    And I learn a lot from your Dance and Literacy page. This page is very organizing, specific by table and contents. And moreover it is easy to finding what I want to literacy and dance. Thank you for sharing those resources.

    P.S-I love your puppy~!!I miss my puppy~
    And Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete